A Bachelors degree of a university established by law in India (with the subject of study for M.Sc. as one of the subjects) with a minimum of 48 credits in major subject, 48 credits in two minor subjects, 9 credits in compulsory, 1 credit in GI & Hobby with aggregate of 106 credits for the award of pass degree.
A Bachelor’s degree with II Division or with at least 45% marks (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in a aggregate in the subject concerned in three years of degree of Honours in the subject concerned.
A candidate must have passed the entrance examination as conducted by the HP University.
2 Age Limit
Upper age limit 26 years for boys, 28 years for girls and 29 years in case of SC/ST candidates (both boys & girls) as on 1st July of the concerned year. The relaxation in age will be according to the HPU norms.
Himachal Pradesh University has adopted the age relaxation up to a maximum of five years to a persons with disabilities.
3 Admission Procedure
Admission to the M.Sc. Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and Physics Courses will be made in accordance with the norms prescribed by the Himachal Pradesh University.
4 Reservation and Roster
As per H.P. University norms a separate 120 Point Reservation Roster given for admission to M.Sc. (Botany / Zoology /Chemistry/ Physics) for each category as mentioned will be maintained, which is operative from July, 2013, for-Botany and Zoology and for chemistry and Physics form 2010.
5 How to Apply & Documents to be attached with Application
The candidates will fill up the admission form attached with the prospectus and will submit the same along-with the following copies of their certificates on or before the last date of submission as notified by the college in the academic calendar:
- Attested copy of Matriculation Certificate
- Attested copy of Plus Two Certificate
- Attested copy of B.Sc. Part I Certificate
- Attested copy of B.Sc. Part II Certificate
- Attested copy of B.Sc. Part III Certificate
- Original Character Certificate issued by the institution last attended
- Bonafied Himachali Certificate. (Aadhar Card)
- Attested copy of relevant certificate of reserve (SC/ST/HC) category.
- Affidavit & Character Certificate if there are gap years.
- Merit certificates in sports as mentioned by HPU.
- Extra co-curricular activity certificates.
- Score Card of HP University Entrance Test (Mandatory)
6 Selection Procedure
The admission to these courses will be made strictly on the basic of marks obtained in the Entrance Test and shall be open to all, subject to the reservation approved by the university. The merit will be determined on the basis of competitive examination. The minimum qualifying marks for the entrance test will be 35% (in case of SC/ST candidates, the minimum qualifying marks shall be reduced until the SC/ST quota for admission has been exhausted) for calling the candidate for interview/admission.
7 Leave Rules
- Leave for absence from the institute shall be applied for and obtained in advance, an expert in an emergency in which case the leave application may be sent within two days of the student’s
- In case of sickness or absence from an examination due to illness, the leave application must be accompanied by a medical certificate from a Govt. Hospital.
- The leave application must be signed by the father or guardian of the student or by the Hostel Warden in the case of a boarder.
- Leave for a period up to three days, the prior permission of the Head of the Institution on the recommendation of the tutor/teacher will be necessary.
The student teacher relationship in the foundation of a healthy education. The institute tries to mound the citizens of tomorrow by preparing the student for new challenges in their chosen.
Discipline. Tutorials play a crucial rode in this process by establishing a rapport between teachers and students and making it possible to give special attention to the daily doubts and problem of the students.
The gains from the experience will certainly add a depth and value to the process of learning it is compulsory for event student to attend the Tutorial meetings and discussion regularly.
Ragging is banned in MLSM College Campus
- Humble supreme court of India vide its judgment/order dated 4th may 2001,16th may 2007 and 11th February 2009, has outlined various steps which an institution should adopt to curb the menace of ragging in education institutions, have been adopted by MLSM college, sunder agar.
- Ragging is banned in the campus and if anyone found indulging in ragging is likely to be punished appropriately the punishment includes imprisonment, fine or both explosion/suspension form the institution or classes for a limited period or fine with a public apology.
- The punishment may also take the shape of withholding scholarships, or other benefits, withholding of result, suspension, or expulsion from hostel or mess, debarring from participating in any co-circular activities.
The Himachal Pradesh University has allowed 2N55 Units to the college with a strength of 200 students. By Joining N55, the volunteers are given an addition weightage of 2% or 5% preference in matters of admission by various institution and university in India.
CAREER & COUNSELING CELL
The college has established its career and counseling cell with the finical assistance assistance from the UGC during 11th plan. The cell is working as a resources center of information and guidance for the students to established linkages with the world of work and locates carrier opportunities.
Seminar and guidance workshop are organized to inform the students about the emerging trends and events leadership roles, entrepreneurship: and implementation of national socio-economics policies
The students are advised to remain in touch with different activities organized from the platform of the career and counseling.
Achievement in sports & Cultural Activities (2017-2018)
The College owns a very picturesque and spacious playground with facilities for all major and minor games. The playground has a 400-meter track. Over the years the college has annexed university Trophies in boxing Kho-Kho, hockey, Badminton, wrestling.
1 HP University Charges
The Charges like HP University Registration/Migration / Continuation Fee, Sports Fee, Youth Welfare Fee, Holiday Home Fee, and Examination Fee will be as per the rates specified the HP University from time to time.
Note:- Any other charges (i.e., Levy, affiliation Continuation fee, examination center creation fee, examination related expenditure or any other imposed by the H P university for any course will be paid by the students of respective course.
2 Schedule of payment
- When a student is granted admission, he or she must pay the tuitions fee, annual charges and monthly fees & funds for the prescribed months.
- Then, in the months of November /January for the months of October to April.
- Further, in the months of January the student must pay the University Examination Fees.
3 Rules of Payment of Fees and Fund
- Full payment of 1st installment as per the schedule given above is required at the time of admission.
- Fee amount will be accepted by case at Central Bank of India, Branch M.L.S.M. College or through Bank Draft in favour of “LSIBET” payable at sunder agar during banking hours.
- Refund of fees may be considered in accordance with the relevant rules as amended from time to time.
- A student who is absent or on leave on the date on which fees and funds are due to be paid, must make alternative arrangement to pay the fees and funds on the due date.
- The security amount will be refunded to the student only after the declaration of the University Examination results.
- Students who have not paid their dues up date will not be allowed to appear in the internal of university examinations.
- The names of the students who have not paid the fees and funds on the due date will be struck off from the college rolls ten days after the due date, except if the student has the special permission of the head of the institutions in an extraordinary and deserving case. In such a case, the student may be allowed to pay the dues after ten days and seek re-admission as per the rules, provided that he or she does not fall short of lectures.
4 Student Aid fund
Limited funds are available to help to observe & desirous students on the basis of merit/mean subject to the satisfaction of the principal.
Absent from one period / practical 10/-
Absent from House Test 30/- (per subject/paper)
Absence from Seminar/Guest Lecture 50/- (per seminar/lecture)
Not returning Library Books 5/- (per book / per day)
General Rules for Students
Every student shall be required to undergo a regular course of study, i.e., attendance of lecture, tutorials, seminars and practical’s, and will have to appear in Class / House test (s) from time to time.
A candidate will be admitted to the University examination only if he or she has put in 75% attendance in all the courses in theory as ‘ well as in practical’s, Absence from lectures, tutorials seminars practical’s etc. on account of participation in university inter-university, state/national or international meet of tournament youth festivals & cultural competitions or journeys in those connections, shall be condoned and teaching work conducted during those will not be counted for calculating the attendance of the concerned student.
2 Registration of Students
- Every student who joins a University course for the first time shall be required to Register himself or herself with the H.P. University.
- Each student already registered with H.P.University shall pay a continuations fee.
- The amount of the Registration fee and the Continuation fee will be as specified by the H.P. University from time to time.